Monday, July 15, 2013

Discharge Tomorrow! :)

Happy Monday!

Well tomorrow is discharge day.  Naomi is doing great.  She was taken off of oxygen on Saturday and has had no problems with her breathing.  The blood culture never showed an infection; so, after 5 days of antibiotics (as a precautionary measure) she is officially done with those doses.  And since she no longer needs medication - her IV was removed about an hour ago! 

We talked to the doctor today and Naomi's bilirubin level was still a little high.  So, it was decided that we would stay the day/night so she could be on the high-intensity biliblanket for 24 more hours.  If the levels are not exactly where the doctor would like tomorrow then we will be discharged and Naomi will wear a biliblanket at home.

It's amazing to think that I have been away from home for almost a week.  While there have been some very hard at times like watching Naomi hooked up to the machines and not being home with Caleb, we have been truly blessed by our time in the NICU.  It has given me a new perspective and appreciation for those families whose babies are 'living' in the NICU.  We have been so blessed by and thankful for the nurses here.  Their positive encouragement, reassuring words, and friendly conversation has made our time here more manageable and enjoyable.  

Thank once again to our friends and family for your continued thoughts and prayers.  Thank you for the emails, the texts and the calls to check in and see how we are doing.   Thank you for your love for our family!  And lastly, a HUGE thank you to my mom who has been Caleb's main provider for the last week.  To not have to worry about Caleb has been a huge relief and has allowed me to focus on getting Naomi home.  Thank you mom - I love you!
 
I'm not sure words can express the joy I feel when I say, "Tomorrow, we go home!"

PS.  I forgot the camera in Naomi's room (and I have to buzz to get in and out...and I don't want to bother the nurses) so I don't have any pictures tonight.  Will post some soon :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!!!! Let's call it going home day rather than discharge day - that sounds like part of the birthing process... I couldn't stop thinking about all 4 of you all weekend and I'm so glad that this is where the week has led - going home day! I also can't stop wondering what her hame would have been if she were a boy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's great news! I'm sure Caleb is ready to have his mom home and mom is ready to settle in at home with Naomi and Caleb! (Andy too!) Have fun showing her the "big" outside world today! Love to all of you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news!!! "There's no place like home"!

    Sending love

    ReplyDelete