Wednesday, July 3, 2013

39 Weeks and Waiting....

Here we are...waiting for the arrival of baby Weden.  At 39 weeks, baby is about 20 inches long and about 7 pounds,  about the size of a mini-watermelon.  And believe me, a mini-watermelon is a great description!

Medical Stuff:  We went to the doctor yesterday and there's been no changes since week 37.  To be honest, I think the doctor was quite surprised the baby was still hanging in there.  He did say that baby was taking up every space possible in the womb.  At previous appointments, he thought it wouldn't be long until baby arrived; however, yesterday he said that we would probably see him next week for our 40 week appointment.  About 3% of women deliver on their due date and most women deliver sometime between 39 and 41 weeks.  The baby's heartbeat and growth seem to be doing great so now we are just waiting.

Symptoms:  Backache is constant now.  While I don't want to hurry baby along, I would enjoy walking without pain or the feeling like I'm waddling a bit.  I am thankful that my mom came last week and is able to spend time with Caleb.  He continues to be active as always and with my aches, I can't always keep up with him.

Overall Feelings:  I think we are all ready for Baby Weden's arrival.  Of course there's things that could always be done but it will be great to finally meet the newest member of our family.

We'll keep you posted :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe there isn't another Weden yet! I kept thinking about you all last week and even last night said to my sister - I think that Julie may have just had a baby... can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete