It's hard to believe that we have been home for a week...it seems much longer than that! It's even more unbelievable that Naomi is 2 weeks old. Seems like forever ago that I was pregnant :).
We are all settling in and getting into a new routine. While Naomi runs the show a bit in terms of schedule - we are definitely on more of a schedule than I remember with Caleb. It actually has been working really well - except that bedtime for Caleb and nursing for Naomi fall at the same time. Usually this isn't a problem except when Andy is gone and I'm left with a tired kid and a hungry kid. On top of that, Caleb is still transitioning to a twin bed and gets out several times before finally staying in bed and sleeping. Needless to say, I'm happy when I can finally get a few quiet minutes before retreating to bed myself!
Caleb has been WONDERFUL with Naomi. It has been so fun to watch his caring and kind spirit come out. I've always known Caleb was considerate of others and helpful but these characteristics have come out even more since Naomi has come home. While there have been times in which he wants Naomi to be 'put down' and attention focused on him, there have been more times in which he gives kisses, talks with her and shows concern when she cries. We are still working on a 'soft' voice and knowing what toys are good toys to play with when Naomi is sleeping and which ones we need to wait to use ;)
Here are some pictures of Caleb and Naomi during the past week!
Caleb actually told us to Naomi next to him on the changing table.
Very excited to hold his baby sister
Kisses! Many Kisses!
Checking each other out.
Oh, my! It is SO tremendous to see Caleb and Naomi together! What a pair!
ReplyDeleteSending love . ...