Monday, June 3, 2013

A Baby Shower for Baby Weden and Some Fun with the Wedens.

No, the shower was not for this Baby Weden.  Andy's brother and sister-in-law are expecting their first baby in August so, we had a baby shower for them this past weekend.  I helped Patti (Andy's mom) throw a book themed shower.  I usually get excited about parties and now that I'm not teaching and able to create fun looking worksheets/projects; I find my desire to craft and create is even greater than before.  As the planning started for this party, so did my searches on Pinterest for some great ideas!  Here's a look at the shower ;)
 
The invite:
I then made envelopes for the invites that looked like the ones that were in library books before everything went to the barcode system.  Guests were asked to bring a book instead of a card to start a library for Baby Weden.  With the invite was a 'bookplate' (label) so the baby knows who the book is/was from.  There was also a space for a short message.

Now the food.  The menu was based around children's books.


 
Deviled Eggs (the yolks were dyed green) and Ham Sandwiches for Green Eggs and Ham

Fruit Salad (The Very Hungry Catepillar), Veggie Tray (Eating Through the Alphabet), Pasta Salad (Strega Nora)
 
Cut-Out Cookies in the shape of bottles, onesies, and bibs

Steve (Andy's brother) is into motorcycles so I made a motorcycle out of diapers and other baby items.
 
Kim (guest of honor) and Me
 
Getting to spend some time with the nieces, Evelyn, Lily and Iris.

  After the shower, we were able to get outside, enjoy the beautiful day, and have some fun in the yard!
 
Caleb and dad going down the slide.
Caleb watching Evelyn come down the slide.  Caleb liked it so much that he wanted Evelyn to go down again and again.
 
Caleb and Aunt Megan on the bridge. 
He had a great time driving us around.
 

 Evelyn and Caleb watering flowers and filling the bird bath.  She was so patient with him and enjoyed walking with him and having him help.  You can tell she's the big sister in her family!  These are two of my favorite pictures!
In Grandma's garden with the cat.
 
 A ride on the 4-Wheeler

 Grandma Patti and Caleb


No comments:

Post a Comment