Tuesday, June 4, 2013

21 Months Old

Enjoying a picnic snack on the deck

It's hard to believe that Caleb is 21 months old.  He has grown so fast and is such a helpful and is usually an easy going boy.

We are still waiting to hear Caleb's official first word.  He enjoys 'talking' a lot and while he doesn't say words, he is able to communicate with us and has definite noises/sounds for certain words.  Even though he is not saying words yet, he constantly amazes me with how much he understands about the world around him and how well he is able to follow directions.  For instance, yesterday, before going outside, I told him I needed to get socks to put on.  Before I knew it, he was in my bedroom and getting me a pair of socks.  We then went outside and hooked up a couple hoses to water the newly planted trees.  Once the hoses were hooked up, I told Caleb we needed to turn on the water.  He immediately turned around and headed towards the house.  I followed behind him a bit to see if he would lead me to the faucet and sure enough he did.  He's turned on the water with Andy a couple times but I never would have thought he would remember where it was.  

Caleb is also very helpful and does a great job of making sure things are put away.  He enjoys helping in any way, no matter what we are doing.  It could be putting something in the garbage or putting clothes in the washer or dryer.  When it comes to his toys, he is very good about putting them away and also helps in putting other things around the house away to their 'proper home'.  I hope he continues to be this helpful and organized :)

My mom gave him a doll the last time we saw her.  He's not too interested in it and usually picks it up and brings to Andy and I.  He then walks away and doesn't want to come back for the baby.  We have had him hold it a couple times while seated like he would with his new sibling and working on gentle kisses and hugs.  While it may take him a bit to transition, I'm confident he will be a great BIG brother.

For the last 16 weeks, we have been going to a tumbling class at the Y once a week.  Caleb has really grown to love the class and has become more and more comfortable while in class.  He started out not wanting to interact with the teacher and today before we left, he went and gave her a hug goodbye.  I'm bummed that they don't offer the class during the summer but when it starts back up in the fall, we will be there!  

We are so thankful for Caleb!

1 comment:

  1. Caleb, you're an amazing boy, soaking up the world around you like a sponge! I love reading about your adventures. Looking forward to sharing time with you again soon! Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete