It's hard to believe that Caleb is celebrating his 2nd birthday in a couple days. Where did the time go?!?! I have a notebook that I write to Caleb in. I'm not always great about writing in it; but, for Caleb's birthday, I wrote him this letter that I thought I'd share.
Dear Caleb,
Two years ago you entered my life at 1:32 A.M. As I think back to that day, I smile with joy
and continue to smile as I recall the wonderful boy you are.
Here are some of my favorite memories of you over the past
year.
When I was pregnant with your sister, especially during
months five through nine, you took good care of me. You were always eager to point out a place to
sit and insisted that I sit down.
You brush the hair out of my eyes and as of late, you will
even rub your hand through my hair, like I do to you.
We went for a walk around the track at the high school. There were middle schoolers practicing
football and you were so excited to sit and watch. Even though you didn’t know who they were,
you would clap and cheer for them.
Watching you love on your sister. You want to give her a kiss whenever she
wakes up from sleeping. You lay on the
floor and talk to her. When she cries,
you make sure she’s taken care of. You
get excited to see her and make sure we never leave her behind.
You love to dance.
Turn on the music (oldies usually) and you dance away.
When you found tomatoes, zucchini, peas, or any of the other
produce in the garden, you were so excited!
You wanted to help pick them and were very excited to eat them,
especially the peas, green beans and tomatoes.
Watching you learn to hike a football, plant the garden, and
water the trees with your dad made me smile.
I am grateful for you’re desire to help. You move chairs when it’s time to mop, move
shoes when I’m vacuuming, pick up your toys, and help with the laundry. You are a great listener and great at
following directions.
The past year has brought many new discoveries. You’ve found the mulberry tree and wild
blueberries. You’ve planted a garden
with dad. You’ve welcomed with loving
arms your sister. You’ve enjoyed
dancing, playing, discovering. You’ve
enjoyed time with your extended family and at the fountain. You’ve gone for walks, pulled your wagon,
pushed your cart. You’ve given lots of
hugs and kisses. You’ve had a few tantrums. You’ve made your dad and I smile and shake
our heads in amazement of how smart you are.
You’ve blessed with me your love.
As the book Happy Birthday Little Pookie says, "So, here's to a boy who's joyful and clever. Happy day, happy year, happy always and ever."
Dear Caleb - I loved being at your birthday party. You were so excited to show me your cake, the balloons and the of the construction themed decorations. And then, a week later, Grandpa and I had a chance to spend time with you on your actual birthday. We went for a hike, picked up sticks and stones, checked out the planes at the airport and stopped to see the fire engines at the fire station. You showed such delight at every single discovery! You are indeed a joyful and clever boy! Love ,Grandma
ReplyDelete