Monday, November 5, 2012

A Red Letter Day

Caleb had a Red Letter Day on Saturday.  For starters, he went poop in the potty for the first time.  It took a little bit of time and lots of toys but he finally went!!  I haven't caught him in the action since then so unfortunately, we have not repeated this event.

Second, he took two steps all on his own!  He then fell to his knees and continued to crawl towards the toy he wanted.  How exciting!!! He also took a couple steps Sunday so I'm sure he will be walking very soon.

Third, Caleb is learning to fall asleep on his own.  On Saturday, I was having a hard time putting him down.  I would rock and before I could put him all the way in his crib he would be screaming.  So after 45 minutes of this, I decided it was time for him to learn.  We decided to let him cry and continue to remind him that it was 'sleepy time'.  After 25 minutes he was asleep, last night it was 1 minute and tonight 2 1/2.  It feels great to have my nights back.  Hopefully this continues and will transfer to nap time as well - which hasn't been as successful.


On a side note, Caleb also experienced his first night of Bunco.  Friday night we had about 27 students at our house for a night of fellowship and food.  After dinner, students played bunco and Caleb was just amazed at the craziness!  By the end of the night, he was just exhausted by all the extra activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment