Sorry this post is so belated...Always had great plans to post something but time never permitted...
The last year has gone by so fast. As I prepared for Caleb's party, I created a timeline of pictures - one for each month of his life thus far. WOW! What a fun trip down memory lane. He is such a little boy now!
Here's an update: At Caleb's one year doctor appointment, he weighed about 20 pounds and was just under 30 inches. The doctor said he looks great and is a healthy, growing boy. He is not walking on his own yet. He will walk along everything - the couch, the cabinets and chairs - and will walk with assistance. He's trying to figure out how to stand from a sitting position but is still not there yet. He often smiles and laughs while walking but he has realized he can crawl a lot faster so if he is in a hurry, walking is not his thing. :)
He's a great eater. For the most part, he will try anything...Enjoys fruit and dairy products the most. He must have vegetable and non-vegetable days although he hasn't clued me in on these days so I never know when he will eat his veggies. He has started to smack his lips when he wants something to eat or drink. This usually occurs when someone else is eating in front of him. I guess he is just asking us to share. It's quite cute. :)
Talking. There are lots of noises that come from Caleb's mouth but no formed words yet. Sometimes he will repeat "I Love You" using the same intonation we use but the words are not formed. It's amazing to me that we can have a 'conversation' most days. I can ask a question to Caleb and he will respond with a response (usually long-winded) :). It's quite fun.
This last year has brought a lot of happiness, smiles, crankiness, diapers and learning experiences. I am amazed at how fast a child develops and picks up on the world around him. I am amazed at what must go on in Caleb's brain - constantly learning and forming relationships between things. For example, Caleb has realized that buttons usually cause something to happen. Buttons on the remote turn the TV on and off. Buttons on the CD player causes music to come out. Buttons on the food processor make a loud noise and the blade to spin (he was supervised - we chopped cranberries for muffins together). The connections that occur are amazing!
Can't wait for the year ahead and see all the amazing changes and discoveries we make.
No comments:
Post a Comment