"There's a bottle of breast milk in the fridge. Mix this half and half with formula (Caleb hasn't quite taken to the taste of formula yet). He will probably wake up and cry between 10pm and 11pm...he's not hungry - no matter how much he cries...just rock or bounce him. Call or text if you need ANYTHING! I will drive myself so I can leave if need be. I will be home as soon as the movie is over."
So it may be hard to believe but last Saturday was my first night in 7 1/2 months away from home and Caleb. I've been gone during the day but never at night. Two students from Peace invited me to go with them to a movie. They were gracious enough to go to the late showing so I could get Caleb to bed before leaving. Andy was home - and yes I probably stated the above speech several times before walking out the door. And as I was driving into Point I thought of more things and called to share my insight. I had no doubt that Andy was and is fully capable of dealing with Caleb but for some reason I HAD to tell him everything I knew (most of which he already knew as well). Needless to say, all my nervousness was not needed. I received no call or text while at the movies. I called once the movie was over to see how things were going. "He only cried for about 10 seconds and then fell back to sleep - I didn't have to go in there" (Andy). WHAT?!?! Usually I have to go in there at least once a night.
So, I arrived home - excited that Andy and Caleb survived without me (again, they are fully capable but I, for some reason, I have the idea of - 'how can they possibly survive without me' :) ) I talked to Andy for a bit and then headed to bed - and no sooner did I put my head on the pillow and Caleb wanted to welcome me home. How nice of him ;)
So glad that you enjoyed your evening out, Julianna. Your dad, like Andy, was very capable of caring for you while I enjoyed a few hours away from home. But you, my little girl, were never happy when I was away. Caleb, you are showing your mom how it's supposed to be done!
ReplyDeleteLove this post! Super cute. I'm glad you had a chance to get out and enjoy a movie. Miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteI shouldn't be known as "unknown". It is me, Shea! :)
ReplyDeleteHello, Nellie --
ReplyDeleteLove all your posts, but this one touched my heart specially -- The ending was perfect! : D
Glad that you are getting out and about??? (What WAS the movie?)
Love, A. Deb